About the job
Rovio Games is looking for a QA Engineer Trainee for summer 2018 to Espoo, Finland.
QA Engineers at Rovio Games are responsible of developing and running test automation, tools and solutions to ensure our games can be tested effectively and that they are of good quality before being released.
QA Engineers can work either close to the development teams, extending them with test automation and QA Engineering competence, or at central team and support a wider variety of products with developing, running and maintaining test automation on these products.
QA Engineers, although being developers, are quality professionals and their main goal is to develop test automation to support the development teams, QA Leads and QA teams in meeting project quality targets more effectively than with conventional and manual game testing approaches.
We hope you love a challenge – ‘cos you’ll be responsible for all this:
Development and maintenance of test automation scripts and tools
Support Rovio's test automation efforts on a variety of projects
Implementation of automated tests, tools and solutions
Execution of automated test cases and analysis of test results
Reporting found issues and verification of the fixes
- Genuine interest in game or software testing and in test automation
- Experience in scripting (e.g. Python)
- Studies in computer science
Nice to have
- Experience in programming (e.g. C++, Java)
- Experience in test automation tools (e.g. Appium, Robot Framework)
- Experience in bug reporting and in bug reporting tools (e.g. Jira)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- Excellent knowledge of information technology (gadgets, mobile devices, PCs, Mac, web, consoles, security etc.)
- Familiar with mobile game development and the limitations in the mobile environment (iOS, Android etc.)
- Experience from professional game testing and test case execution
We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
Competitive benefits such as lunch vouchers, breakfast, gym, sauna, gaming area and our various hobby clubs. Oh, and we've got good coffee. And fresh fruits. And free soda :)
Please apply by filling the online application form (please attach a cover letter with your CV) including the earliest date when you can start working.
Aim high and send your application over already today! We look forward to hearing from you soon!